Monday 11 March 2013

Not Just Another PhD is changing!

There are changes abound folks!

When I started writing this blog, I thought I'd be lucky to make 100 hits, never mind over 7000.  I can't thank you - my lovely internet reader people - enough for coming along and having a gander at whatever I choose to put up here.

But, there are some things I can do to thank you.

First of all, there will probably be some site changes going on around here over the next wee while.  (Including a change in domain name most likely).  I'll keep you updated as we go, but I can't guarantee when it'll all happen because I'm still looking for someone to help me out with the work.

Second of all, I'm going to be posting more regularly.  At least once a week for sure.  I'm also taking suggestions for anything you might like me to write about - you'll find a 'Contact Me' page addition in the next couple of days complete with Kontactr form.  Any feedback you want to give would be fantastic.  

Finally, and most excitingly, I'm going to be turning the blog into a book!  As a fledgling academic, I greatly enjoy collecting books - especially ones that tell me how to be a better PhD student.  But I always felt that, for me, there was something missing in the market.  And that's the hole I'm hoping to plug a little.  Obviously, since I'm not finished my PhD yet, there's later chapters that will need to wait to be finished, but I wanted to let you know what's happening here in NJAP land.

I'm also going to be putting in some effort at building the profile of the blog and how useful it is to everyone else (as opposed to random rantings on my part).  That means opening it up to guest posts too.  Again, if there's something you'd like to write for the blog, please just get in touch.

In the mean time, hang in there.  PhD-blog fodder is coming.

And thank you again, because you guys are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment