Monday 30 January 2012

Don't Panic


So, having been off uni Thursday and Friday and - despite trying - not getting anything useful done, I am starting to feel the edge of panic. A couple of days doesn't make a disaster of course, but I think I am now experiencing what some of my fellow students have for a while; the "OH MY GOD I'VE GOT TO DO ALL THIS STUFF!!" feeling.

It feels very like snakes and ladders. I'm forward because I've conducted my pilot and just about ready to submit ethics for the next experiment, backward because I've still not finished my coding, and my reading pile is... well, more like a mountain than a pile.

This week is not the best week to be thinking these things because I am taking Thursday and Friday as a holiday (birthday!) but I really need to start prioritising better once I'm back. I've spent a lot of time reading about writing and time management, so I really should start practicing it. In the mean time, I'm going to try and finish my ethics this week and do some more coding. Although you can't see it - I'm giving myself the stern face!

I know the important thing here is not to panic, so I'm reigning it in and trying to be practical about it. To be honest, it might even be a bit beneficial if it actually gets me being more productive. Either way though, it's uncomfortable.

Edit: Also - as Thursday is my birthday, the next post will be next Monday, when I'll write about my first TMC :)

No comments:

Post a Comment