Monday 16 January 2012

Making Progress


I'm at that exciting point in my research where I have finished one experiment - now in the coding stages - and am ready to start preparations for the next one. I love this time in research and always have. I find it rejuvenates my enthusiasm and makes the monotony of coding much easier to bear.

The next experiment I'm going to run is big. Potentially the biggest one of my thesis. That's exciting and daunting, but it's important to do it now and not just because it gets it out the way. This experiment will be like the tree trunk from which all my other experiments branch off. It's an integral part of the whole question of my research and may change the direction I take once it's finished and analysed.

So, if you live in the Dundee area and want to learn/see a magic trick, get in touch. I'll be needing you as a participant in 3-4 weeks! (And no, you won't have to wear the headgear in the picture).

It's quite exciting as well because it makes me feel I'm making progress. With this experiment, I feel like a "proper" Psychologist. That comes along with being more familiar with the experimental process as a whole, the literature and my own approach to the topic so I can blag my way much better! It's exciting though, and it's one of the reasons I signed up for a PhD - I love feeling like I'm on the verge of something big!

No comments:

Post a Comment